Jul 16, 2014

Jenny Lewis, Colbie Caillat & TFIOS Soundtrack (#TT145)


Hello lovelies!

If you think you're having a boring week so far, watch this music video by Jenny Lewis and I promise that it will give you a smile! You may see some familiar faces in awesomely unexpected costumes :)


Another great video of a great song comes from Colbie Caillat. This song has such beautiful lyrics which conveys an important message and every girl/woman NEEDS to listen to this. 



Ahhh!

How many of you are fan-girling right now? :D

I just watched the TFIOS movie last week (I know, I know) and I just LOVE the soundtrack. I would also like to make a confession..

I didn't shed a tear watching this :O which was really surprising!!! I almost teared at one part though, ALMOST. I purposely watched online at home so that I could be the worst crybaby ever without anyone judging, but at the end of the movie I didn't use a single tissue lol. 

I'm not sure whether it was because of the slightly poor audio or the fact that I paused the movie several times to do other things, or my overall sensitivity has decreased haha. Anyways, it was a good movie and it was slightly different than what I had expected, in a good way :) 

The full soundtrack list:

1. Ed Sheeran -- "All Of The Stars"
2. Jake Bugg -- "Simple As This"
3. Grouplove -- "Let Me In"
4. Birdy -- "Tee Shirt"
5. Kodaline -- "All I Want"
6. Tom Odell -- "Long Way Down"
7. Charli XCX -- "Boom Clap"
8. STRFKR -- "While I'm Alive"
9. Indians -- "Oblivion"
10. The Radio Dept. -- "Strange Things Will Happen"
11. Afasi & Filthy -- "Bomfallarella"
12. Ray LaMontagne -- "Without Words"
13. Birdy -- "Not About Angels"
14. Lykke Li -- "No One Ever Loved"
15. M83 -- "Wait"
16. Birdy ft. Jaymes Young -- "Best Shot" (bonus track)

My favorites are "Boom Clap" by Charli XCX and "Bomfallarella" by Afasi & Filthy, which are also the only two upbeat songs in the entire list. 



She has been mistaken a lot by people as Lorde. Well, that was my first impression as well, thanks to the thick wild black wavy hair, but she definitely has a different style. Love this song!


Next is a hip-hop Swedish duo whom I think are pretty darn rad. (Thank you John Green!) One of them kind of sounds like Eminem. When I first listened to this song, I was hooked immediately. When I listened for the second time, I thought this was the same song as the song Julia Stiles danced to on a table being drunk in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" (one of the best movies ever btw), but later I found out it was "Hypnotize" by Notorious B.I.G. They both share similar beats! 

That's all for this week. Till next time!

xo, Jo

1 comment:

trishie said...

I have to watch the Fault in the Stars soon. Have heard so much about it, but you're the first person I know who has seen it and not cried! Wonder what my reaction will be