Oct 12, 2014

Cleansing Oils: Fancl, DHC, Origins, Boscia

IMG_0283

Hello lovelies!

It’s been a while!! I’ve been wanting to post this since forever but never really had the time to really sit down and blog.

I’m sure most of you are already familiar with cleansing oils – oils that claim to remove your makeup much better than other regular makeup removers. I’ve tried a few brands that are popular for their cleansing oils, so read more for the reviews!

First of all, when I wanted to try cleansing oil for the first time early last year, I had decided that I wouldn’t opt for the mineral oil based, e.g. Shu Uemura cleansing oils, as I’d prefer more natural products. Coincidentally, my then-colleague gave me a sample of DHC cleansing oil! The tiny bottle is so cute :3

IMG_0280

IMG_0282

This olive oil based cleansing oil removes my makeup pretty darn well. After cleansing, my skin feels smooth and there’s no tight feeling on the skin. However, after several uses, I find it quite drying on my skin and gives me a breakout, not a major one though, but still. I think because after using cleansing oil I still wash my face with my regular facial cleanser so it over cleanses? So yeah, if you have a dry skin, you may not want to use this every single day. One more thing is that it stings my eyes so bad! This concludes that I won’t purchase this product, sorry DHC!

Next is another sample! Haha. I visited a Fancl outlet and asked whether they had a smaller sized bottle for the cleansing oil, they said they didn’t but gave me a sample instead. This one has thinner consistency compared to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, clear in color and does just as great job in removing my makeup. It also doesn’t sting my eyes as bad. I personally like Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil better than DHC’s. It doesn’t have scent either, while DHC one has a slight chemical scent.

IMG_0277IMG_0279

While I quite liked the Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, I decided to try other brands just for the sake of exploring different options. Fancl also closed down its stores in Singapore not long after that so I couldn’t go back to purchase. I did my research and listed a few brands. One of them was Origins Clean Energy and after trying this cleansing oil, I knew I had made a right decision!

Clean Energy™ Gentle cleansing oil

The consistency is just nice - not too thick but not too thin either. It removes makeup well and has a slight flowery scent since it has sunflower and safflower oil in it. It stings the eyes a little if you really work the oil to remove the waterproof eye makeup. It’s free of parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance and color, petrolatum and not tested on animals. Love it! The only minus point is the packaging since they don’t sell the bottle with a pump and we need to buy the pump separately. I know other countries may sell the pump packaging but not in Singapore.

IMG_1245Finished til the last drop!

Last but definitely not least, it’s the infamous MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil!

IMG_1243

This one has the lightest consistency by far, I was so surprised of how watery it was at the first time. The color is greenish and has a hint of minty eucalyptus scent and it’s literally cooling on the skin. The oil is derived from various kinds of plants such as eucalyptus, olive, safflower, jojoba, eggplant, turmeric, henna, basil, rose hip, green tea, and many more! I LOVE this cleansing oil and I actually see an improvement in my skin that the whiteheads are lesser than before. I thought Origins Clean Energy was the best, but I guess I may give the title to Boscia Makeup-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil =)

I’m aware that Boscia has another newer product of cleansing oil – Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel, I’m guessing that the consistency is thicker since it’s gel. By looking at online reviews, many people still prefer the MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil. I’d love to try it though! Anyone tried it before?

Which is your favorite cleansing oil?

xo, Jo

2 comments:

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

I DIDN'T HAVE A FAVORITE ONE, but this sounds good!
Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

trishie said...

I do love a good cleansing oil. The Origin one sounds so good!