Mar 30, 2014

Curing chapped lips: DIY Natural Lip Scrub

IMG_0489

Hello lovelies!

Just want to share with you a simple beauty DIY that I’ve been wanting to share for ages.

I made this in attempt to save my dry, chapped and painful lips. They were so horrible that the edges of my mouth were also swollen. I couldn’t wear lipsticks as they would only make my lips worse. But thanks to the goodness of nature *plays Lion King song*, this has made them so much better now.

All you need is:

  • 2 tsp of honey
  • 2 tbsp of sugar – I’m using normal refined sugar, but you can use brown sugar too if you want
  • 1/2 tsp of multi-purpose cream, e.g. Vaseline. I’m using Egyptian Magic
  • 1 tsp of lemon juice (optional)

IMG_0486

For those who’ve heard or known of Egyptian Magic cream before must be thinking, “wow such a waste to use pricier all-purpose cream for a DIY”. But the thing is, this is the only multi-purpose cream that I use as it’s made of all natural ingredients: olive oil, beeswax, honey, pollen, royal jelly and propolis extract. I bought it to help ease my eczema last time. Didn’t really work so well on the eczema but it’s a great moisturizer (apply at night and your skin will be bouncy with glow in the morning) and lip balm.

IMG_0490

Mix all ingredients together.

IMG_0497

If you add lemon juice, you need to add more sugar to add consistency. I personally like it more liquidy so that after scrubbing off the flakes I can just leave my lips masked with the scrub overnight.

IMG_0499

Store it in a small container and voila! You’re done!

IMG_0504

I was amazed by the first time I applied this overnight. I could totally see the difference the next morning. After several times of using this, my lips returned to its moist flake-free state! But of course, this alone wouldn’t help. I drank gallons of water and sealed my lips with lipbalm at all times. The best lipbalms for me, hands down, are the Burt’s Bees. I’ve tried many other brands and even pricier ones are not as good as these bad boys. I’ve finished the original and the Kokum Butter and using the Mango Butter at the moment. Yum!

IMG_1052

Oh, and one important tip is no biting! Ugh this is so hard, I know. But biting off the flaky lips would just make them worse.

Hope this helps to get your luscious lips at its best state, especially bright neon lips are so on-trend right now. Pucker up!

 

xo, Jo

No comments: